Re: Bar Counter

Perhaps you need something like value1 = barnumber + maxbarsback.

At 04:47 PM 10/8/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm having trouble finding a way to reference the absolute number of
>bars loaded in the Chart Function of TS.
>
>(Forget for the moment that at least according to the Data Window the
>first bar is always skipped: try a 3 day average for the close for
>example & you'll see that the program doesn't start plotting until the
>_fourth_ bar.)
>
>I created a function (BarN) that simply increments by one with each bar.
>I was hoping that I would then be able to call that function from
>another function.
>
>Unfortunately, this doesn't work. The MaxBarsBack of the calling
>function is apparently interfering with when BarN starts its
>calculations.
>
>Anyone have any ideas on how to get around this?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Cab Vinton
>cvinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best Regards,
William Brower
Publisher of TS Express
The Journal for Informed Users of TradeStation
Free Sample Available (Send Mail Address)
Email: 1000mileman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.insideedgesystems.com
Tel: 203-454-2754 Fax: 203-221-9195