Re: Missing in Action

> I redieled my internet provider, and
> lo and behold, a pesky little box came say, 'There is no dial tone.'

Yup, I had a strange one a while back. I got the same dialog box. I
tried the phone connected to the same line and, sure enough, it was
dead. To make things worse, US West was on strike. I poked around and
finally found the problem. That phone line runs through a surge
supressor. We had had a thunder storm and apparently a lightning strike
took out the surge supressor but didn't damage the computer or phone.

Always have a backup plan. :-)

--
   Dennis