From:           support@xxxxxxxxxx
To:             <he96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:        Important Notice  - CUBS
Date sent:      Tue, 6 Oct 1998 12:06:59 -0500

As of 11:55 am Chicago time, the CME has reported that the CUBS station in
the S&P 500 pit has been taken off line and is down for the day.  THIS
ONLY IMPACTS S&P ORDERS.  It does not impact DJ futures, E-Minis, or any
other contract.

In the S&Ps we request that you limit yourself to Market Orders ONLY, and
be aware that there will be significant delays in reporting fills from
this point forward.  Additionally, we request that if possible, you
STRAIGHT CANCEL any working orders instead of Cancel and Replace.

At this time we anticipate that CUBS will be back in service tomorrow
morning as usual.  If this is not the case, we will let you know.

Charles Starnes