French insults

"Gerrit Jacobsen" <jrt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I used Altavista Babelfish for this one. My school-french is
> certainly not better.

Since my school-French is probably worse (having never taken it in
school, although I just survived a 10-day vacation in Provence :-),
it's interesting to see how your English (?) -> French Babelfish
translation survived a French -> English translation!

> In any case it gets the message across without getting into a
> mud-throwing competition.

May I suggest that much of the mud being slung about, if it must be
slung, could be slung quite well in private email?  What productive
purpose is there in insulting each other in public, in French or not?

Gary