Re: Another way to answer ...

Dans un courrier daté du 04/10/98 17:57:27  ,Mark Brown écrit :

<<
 I will defend my French friend here and state for the record that PO is a
 very valuable member of the list and has contributed tons of code and
 explanations that have helped others and myself.  No matter how much we all
 think we know, you can often learn a different perspective form someone.  My
 talent lies in research and discovery of odd and different systems.  My
 programming skills are poor by comparison to PO's.  I have had both Mark
 Jurik and PO see code or an idea I had and improve upon it.  Lucky for me
 they shared it, I in return shared it.  Recently I posted a indicator to
 Chuck LeBeau's web site that was re-written by Mark Jurik, the idea was an
 original from me.  I have had a guy write me and tell me he made money with,
 great!  I like PO and some of the other vendors on the list I'm a vendor
 myself.  For all its faults, I love this list.  I hate Omega but I love this
 list.   I always read every message because there is always something I can
 learn hidden within and beyond the personalities present.   Hey it isn't
 personal its business,  I could care less about all the flack.. I want to
 stir my brain and get and give ideas and have a program that will not go
 dead while I'm trying to make a living with it.

Thanks...

One should make the difference between facts and acts.
Any democracy relies on freedom of speech and contrarian opinions.
This is quite recent in our history, and it's still a fragile equilibrium.
Contradiction is necessary and  lawyers are too.
But too much democracy can kill it (we also have examples) when use and abuse
becomes too obvious.
One major current risk on this list.

One may consider that if I post things that have been useful, it's from a
different point of view than from my officious lawyer business.
I could do different, but I cannot rebuild myself from scratch...

Do not believe that I'm a 100% Omega partisan. You do not allow me to say what
I feel wrong with Omega , because  I want to keep this for me, as it could be
misunterpreted due to the context.
No human behaviour, no industrial activity could make fully agree any
intelligent people.
I only hope that I fall in this category.

Advocating has always been a difficult task and often mislead people (and it
can be used in this sense).
This is particulary true when the cause if difficult to defend due to that one
mustn't mistake appearance for reality.

During the late XIX century, a well known avenue in Paris  (known as Boulevard
du Crime [Crime boulevard]) was featuring a lot of popular theaters where
criminal stories were played.
There were numerous cases where the public was waiting the  murder artists at
the backdoor with sticks, knives...not to ask them toautograph their album.

Even more recently, the same kind of problem existed.
Some lawyers that defended undefendable criminal individuals were mistreated
in the press...
Unfortunately and even in this case, lawyers are mandatory to maintain
democracy.No exeption suffered.
This is the reason why this list needs some people like me.

<<
 >BTW, do you trade at all? Or did Omega appointed you their Minister of
 Defense On the List for the purpose of flaming all their critics on this
 list?

 Well, as his counter part to all this, I look forward to the day when either
 PO or myself one are proven wrong about Omega.  I hope I loose!

I hope you will be right on this one!

<<
 PO's a good guy though he is fooled easily by Bill Cruz's salesmanship..
 Mark (The Redneck) Brown

Woah, I can't comment on this one.

Sincerely,

-Pierre Orphelin.
democracy and neurofuzzylogic available here.