Re: Another way to answer to Mr Gaius

Dans un courrier daté du 04/10/98 15:11:31  , vous avez écrit :

<<
 So does that mean the function MAXBARSBACK is usless???

 :There are other ways to write imbricated xaverage without producing this
 kindof error.

The purpose of maxbarsback is not to allow a stabilization period in a
recursive caluculation, that may takes far more bars than expected in the MBB
setting.
MBB is the size of the lookback window that is carried from a bar to an other
an that allow to read a past value of any variable using the something[n]
syntax.
It's also allow to start te calculation when a sufficient number of bar exist
to display the returned value.
You may set MBB to 1 in an Xaverage calculation if you want...
This will not solve the stabilization problem of Xaverages.

<<
 In the 3 months I've been on this list, I have yet to see you contribute any
 trading codes. At least I have tried. Why don't you either clean up Blau's
 TSI so it meets your definition of stability (or else the lack of one
 implies that it is impossible to find stability in ELA) or provide us with
 trading codes of your own or provide us with some of your trading ideas?

I do not provide trading system code example.
Only EL code hints or fixes to mistakes.
You may go back into the archives and see what I have done in this sense.
You will not see a trading system code from me here, and you will never see
one.
That's aside, I do not see any inconvenience to see a code published on this
list
FYI, I never tried to trade it or even to test it.
Suffice for me  to look at  the EL code in order to understand what could be
of interest or not.

<<
 BTW, do you trade at all?

Yes, Monsieur.
But not directly.
I have too much time to spend on writing code and software to use it for
myself.
As I have said , I do not trade directly, but I have some people that do this
with my sytems.

<<
 Or did Omega appointed you their Minister of
 Defense On the List for the purpose of flaming all their critics on this
 list?

No.
I'm a kind of Mark Brown warrior, from the other side of the Ocean and from
the other side of the battle.
This being said, you may try to ask Bill Cruz to send me a check if he feels
that I qualify for it.

Rgds,

PO