Re: Re: TS5 Press Release: Did we miss something?

:Your problem may or may not have anything to do with TS, but you would need
:to do a lot more research if you expected anyone to accept and believe your
:claims.

:The two data feeds could be supplying different data; the serial port
:buffering on each computer could be different and thus corrupting the data;
:the configurations of the two computers could be different (probably are)
:and this could cause a discrepancy, etc., etc.

:First, you would need to verify that the data in each of the two data bases
:are identical-- tick-by-tick.  Assuming that is the case (doubtful), you
:would need to eliminate each of many other variables before your
assumptions
:could be considered to be accurate.

OK,OK, here's the system report from a test computer based on the PASTE data
from the OMEGA Website. I'm using the NDX as a proxy for a continuous
futures contract where 1 point equals $100, slippage is set to $250 and
commision is $30, going back 630 days (2 and 1/4 years. Nasdaq futures
trading began in April of '96 and my data collection doesn't  start until
May.). Margin in real life is $5400 per contract, I'm using $8000 because
the margins can get up to that level (Oct., 1997). I wouldn't have to use
the index if Omega had made making a continuous futures contract easy to do.
Same system works on the S&P, and 30 year Treasuries...just on different
time frames.

:If you believe you can develop a trading system that will consistently
trade
:the market profitably (most can't), your time might be better spent
:developing a system that is robust enough to deal with the vagaries of the
:markets, as well as those of the computer and the data-feed that you're
running.

I have systems already developed that can trade the markets consistently
that cannot be tested in TS because I've run into the 64K exe limitations,
even after splitting them up and using several layers of include system
functions. How do I know? It's the same systems I had already developed,  on
a totally different software package from Imagine Software, run on a Unix
OS. Except I can't afford to pay several hundred grand  for it (at least not

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\report.txt"