Re: Linux ~ good music from Mark Brown

Ramin Zahraie <ramz1@xxxxxxxxxxx> notes:

>> Linux is solid stuff ~ suitable for 'mission_critical' use  :)
>
>Along the same lines,  Solaris for Intel platforms (version 2.6 -
>latest) is available for $20 from Sunsoft.

Good price.  Along those same lines, Linux is available from Red Hat
for Sun Sparc, Dec Alpha, PowerPC Macs, and I suppose others.  It'll
cost you a whopping $50 though.

The latest Linux Journal has an interview with Bob Dinse, the guy who
runs Eskimo, explaining why he runs Linux on some of his Suns, and
why he uses Solaris on the others.  Basically, he uses Linux where
he needs extra performance, or capability not available in Solaris,
and stays with Solaris on machines users have access to, for security.

Jim