Re: T/LINK

Subject:
        Out Of Business
   Date:
        Mon, 13 Jul 1998 23:18:40
   From:
        T/Link Limited <tlink@xxxxxx>
     To:
        T/Link Limited <tlink@xxxxxx>

To all users of the T/Link Manager, past and/or present:

We will not be providing a Windows 98 version of the Manager and we will
not be creating any new releases of the product for earlier versions of
Windows. (Note: 1.2.5 was the most recent release.)

We will, of course, try to solve any problems which may be encountered by
our current Manager users in the Windows 3.1 through 95 environments.

In the 32-bit versions of Omega, BMI, Windows on Wall Street, et al., the
com buffer can be set to a large enough size (a meg+, for example) to
pretty much guarantee that there will be no buffer overflows at line speeds
up through 115.2 kbs.

Also, we feel that there will be a gradual shift to Windows NT by
individual as well as corporate users. The buffer overflow problem, to the
best of our knowledge, does not exist in NT.

We've had a good time dealing with a lot of very nice people during the
past two years, but there's no sense in trying to continue marketing a
product which has no future.

Let us know if you disagree with our conclusion.

If we don't hear from you again, good luck and trade well.

Frank Bacon

T/Link Limited
P.O. Box 480
Warwick WK BX