Can't say, "Sell on Close?"

I'd like to make this point for a third time:

Dale Legan wrote:

>Any system that uses Buy on Close
>is flawed anyway.  The results are not
>reproducible in real time.
>PERIOD !!!  So all of this is a mute point.

I trade a number of Larry Connors' VIX Reversal signals.   I never enter on
only one, but when several confirm, I take the trade.   It's one of my
consistently most profitable setups.

The rule for a buy for a VIX Reversal # 1 is:

"If the VIX makes a new 15-day high and then closes lower than the open,
buy on close, hold the position one to three days."  (Sells are reversed.)

I manage the exit, so don't have a fixed place to get out.

But when Larry *tests* the entry he tests with an exit on the *close* of
the third day.  There's nothing impossible or illogical about that.

As has been said twice in the previous day,  "Sell on close" is fine as
long as the signal isn't generated by the *same* close.

   Bill M.
   mailto:billmasi@xxxxxxxx

.