Re : : Different versions of RSI

Dans un courrier daté du 23/09/98 23:36:51  , vous avez écrit :

<< arry,

 In his 1978 book, New Concepts in Technical Trading Systems, Welles
 Wilder does not apply any kind of a moving average to his RSI.  In his
 example he uses a 14 day RSI.

 (snip)

 I hope this helps.
                         Jim Sullivan
---
 Barry Kaufman wrote:

 > Does Welles Wilder apply a moving average to his original RSI, and if
 > so what kind?  I don't have his book.  Three other books I have give
 > three different interpretations.  "The Encyclopedia Of Technical
 > Market Indicators", mentions an exponential MA on page 433 and in the
 > table foot note on page 434 it describes a hybrid exponential -
 > simple MA. >>

The  hybrid exponential average is used in the internal calculation of the Up
and Down sums used to calculate the RSI as documented in the above book page
..

Due to the initialisation  process of the xaverage (that is correct in
TradeStation, unlike reported by Phil York in the Omega Bug doc), the RSI
takes some dozens  bars to stabilize...as with any recursive calculation