Re: TASC (was Mirror Observations)

pierre just fancies himself as a big bad bashing monster.  i think
someone said "rambo he ain't."   it would be like richard simmons
playing john mcclain in diehard.  it just doesn't work. pierre just
wants to give a pro-omega (and sirtrade) plug any chance he gets.  and
that's fine, his opinion is worth as much as anyone elses on this list.

anyway, i agree with your assessment of tasc.  if they ever gave a bad
review, then 1. the company didn't advertise in the rag, or 2 it
really sucked big time.

i'm a ts owner in a love / hate relationship;  most of the time i love
it, but a few times i really really hate it. life is rarely black and
white, but shades of gray.

TJ

if i heard voices like pierre, i'd rather that they were buys and
sells in the markets.  on second thought, maybe he's got the talking
ts thingy.

---Peter2150@xxxxxxx wrote:
I have to jump into this one.   First attacking Earl because he may
not own a copy of Tradestation really isn't appropriate.   I don't
know, but he may well be able to see the problems with someone he
works with without owning a copy himself. (I am not an Omega basher,
but in fact a satisfied user).

However I do have to agree with him about the TASC product review. In
my opinion they are worthless.    When I see them review someones
product, which my experience tells me what he has written is 90 %
hype, and the same issue has a full color, gold embossed ad, I can't
help but he slightly suspicious.   Lets face it the magazine is first
and foremost a commercial
venture to make money.  If it were really in the service field, he
would test junk systems, that are sold,
and publish how they really perform.  Of course them those folks
certainly wouldn't advertise.  So obviously the thing to do is NOT
review a product you know you can't say good things about.   This is
certainly just good business, but the reader needs to be well aware of
this when considering whether the magazine is a good source of info.