Re: Screens, screens and more screens...

Tim Morge wrote:

<snip>
 The network was pushing Reuters and
Bloomberg data from central feeds, as well as their own internal P&L

What did that P&L look like? I don't understand how anybody could trade
directionally off straight Aspen, Bloomberg or Reuters charts and be
consistantly profitable. I am an institutional trader and I have DJ Trade
Station because, in the absence of anything better, I fought long and hard to
get it it. Bloomberg is only great for options trading.  I still maintain that
Omega is trying to capture a slice of the institutional market at the expense
of servicing the private trader - even Pierre Orphelin didn't deny that.  I
use a Signal version at home so I have experienced both sides of the coin.
When we first had DJ TradeStation installed on the trading floor Bill and
Ralph Cruz came by and gave us all some personal instruction. Last time I had
a problem with Signal I got the busy message. Who matters most? I like Omega
but I wish they would listen to traders and not IT directors.

Regds,
Harri.