Re: I want to purchase a trading system!

Alfredo wrote:

> Which systems do you think are worthwhile to purchase and, more
> importantly, to follow blindly for about three years?

Alfredo:

I think the key words in your set of questions were 'follow blindly.' Most of
the people on this list have been through some of the rigours of trading the
S&Ps and I would bet that if the system traders on this [or any] list had a wish
granted for just one market, it would probably be to have a system that had low
drawdowns, a high winning percentage and a high wins to loss ratio that
generated trade signals in the S&P markets [Did I get all the testing terms
right, Mark?]. Oh, and this system would be as effective today as it was when it
was first coded ten years ago, and would continue with the same winning results
for at least another ten years.

Of course, if any of us had this system, we'd be very happy [I am guessing MB
would buy Omega and turn it into a charity for destitute newbie traders] and
very rich.

It doesn't matter if you are a systems trader or a discretionery trader: Being a
successful trader takes hard work and perserverence. If you aren't willing to
work at trading, get a good job that uses your skills and invest your money with
a very long time horizon in stocks and bonds.

Best,

Tim Morge