Re:Robert Krausz's article on Gann in the Feb. 98 issue of TASC.

Gaius Marius,
I worked with this system for awhile & laid it aside.  My version of the HiLo
Activator was a little different than yours:
{HiLo Activator Indicator}
Input: Length(3);
Plot1( Highest(high,length) ,"BuyStop");
Plot2( Lowest(Low,Length),"SellStop");
End;
{My version of the System}
Inputs:  Occur(1), Strength(2), Length(3), SwLen(20);
Vars:  ChnlTop(0), ChnlBot(0), UpTrend(0), DnTrend(0);

UpTrend =  SwingHigh(OCCUR,HIGH,STRENGTH,SwLen);
DnTrend =  SwingLow(OCCUR,LOW,STRENGTH,SwLen);

{hi/lo activators for entries and stops}
ChnlTop = Highest(high,Length);
ChnlBot = Lowest(low, Length);

{Long Entries - use whichever sets up first}
If High > UpTrend and close > ChnlTop then Begin
              Buy at High + 2 points stop;
End;

If High > Uptrend  and low > ChnlBot then begin
	        Buy at UpTrend + 2 points stop;
End;

{Short Entries - use whichever sets up first}
If Low < DnTrend and close < ChnlBot then Begin
             Sell at Low - 2 points stop;
End;

If Low < Dntrend  and high < ChnlTop then begin
	        Sell at DnTrend - 2 points stop;
End;

{Exit Longs}
If Close < ChnlBot then ExitLong on close;
If Low < ChnlBot and low < (SwingHigh(OCCUR,High,STRENGTH,SwLen) -
SwingLow(OCCUR,Low,STRENGTH,SwLen)) * .38 then ExitLong  at market;

{Exit Shorts}
If close > ChnlTop then ExitShort on close;
If High > ChnlTop and High > (SwingHigh(OCCUR,High,STRENGTH,SwLen) -
SwingLow(OCCUR,Low,STRENGTH,SwLen)) * .38 then ExitShort at market;

I wrote it in Feb and just haven't come back to it since-haven't seriously
tested it, much less refined it. I combined your version of the system with
the above indicator and maybe like it better than mine.

Susan Russell