Re : Yet another letter to Bill Cruz (Yet another...!)

Dans un courrier daté du 21/09/98 23:15:20  ,Timothy Morge écrit :

<<
 No offense to anyone's opinions here...but TradeStation programs are not
sitting
 on thousands of institutional trading desks. TS is certainly not up to th
 rigours of a large networked trading area and the technology offered to TS
users
 is just not worth an institutional trader's time and energy--Other platforms
are
 available that are much more reliable and equipped with better technology.

Bad knowledge of the problem and bad knwoledge on how institutional works.
I would never use any charting too that they use, not to speak of their
trading systems, for less than they even know what it could mean.

I have sold TradeStaton copies to some banks and it is used there by
systematic traders that never found something equivalent offered by major
companies that spend their time to sell high priced wares to the
institutional.

You could be surprised of the number of Metastok copies that are still in use
in banks, not to speak of spreadsheets.
I do not even  want to discuss of Bridge, Reuters and others CQG and others
AspenFutureSourceAdvanceGet Pro2 64bits coming soon...and still unable to
trade a dual moving average crossover (automated, of course)

Institutionals are big monsters that buy software by hundreds, regardless of
the needs of their users.
Most of them do not believe very much on technical analysis, so this explain
their choice.
A feed , several feeds, news (Ah , news...) an integrator to mix this into a
super news feed, and they are happy because they have the very same than the
other institutionals.
Come after that and try to explain what is TradeStation, what it does , and
good luck!

<<
 If Bill Cruz and others at Omega don't care about the individual trader
because
 they are dreaming of equipping large institutional trader with TS version 5,
 it's no wonder they don't understand what we are asking for--They've lost all
 touch with reality.

It's amazing to see how biased thinking can so easily  produce such biased
demonstrations.

Most of the TS sales are made to individuals or small companies, that are
interested in technical analysis for themselves and who are far more motivated
by the technology because it's their own money  they throw in the game.

Their O-W-N money. Do you understand me ?
Small investors using TS are better than institutionals, only for this reason.

Rgds,

-Pierre Orphelin