[Fwd: Re: p&f charting rules]

--- Begin Message ---
To: prestonm@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: re: p&f charting rules
From: gordon@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 09:25:00 +1000
Sender: gordon@xxxxxxxxxx

You have identified the same problem I encountered about 8 months back and
resulted in my not using SuperCharts for P&F. Cannot be done so long as it
charts the intraday highs and lows  and not eod. If you find a method of
fixing that problem please let me know.
Gordon Pelletier
-------------
Original Text
>From PRESTONM@xxxxxxxxxx (preston morrow){prestonm@xxxxxxxxxxx}, on 19/09/98
17:58:
To: OMEGA-LI@xxxxxxxxxx (omega list){omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx},
TECHSUPP@xxxxxxxxxx{techsupp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx}

earlier this year i recommended that you conform your p&f charting to
standards used by (i think) most.

i recommended you program TS 5.0 to conform to those standards &
additionally program 5.0 to use symetrical p&f charts which do not
change perspective & which use trendlines which do not wander around.

i suggested you contact CHARTCRAFT, inc (30 church st, pob 2046 New
Rocelle NY 10801) for information regarding such rules & techniques.

i was comparing my dow 50x150 & 20x60 charts created on TS 4.21 to those
on a service i receive from CHARTCRAFT regularly.

	the differences are amazing

the ones i prepare by hand (amazingly) conform perfectly to those of
CHARTCRAFT.

have you made any progress in this area for 5.0?  may we expect any
change from 4.0?

(omega's biggest difference seems to be its charting of intra-(bar) data
rather than end-of-bar data.  of course, charting intra-bar data moves
the chart to the right far too quickly & usually results in false
signals & changes of trends.)

help us please

 preston morrow in dallas

--- End Message ---