Re : What the Big Boys think

Dans un courrier daté du 18/09/98 23:23:07  , vous avez écrit :

<<
 Pierre tested my system and got:
 > Above  indicator as run in TS5 preview 1:
 >
 > 19/09/98 22:50:08       Start Date  991231
 > 19/09/98 22:50:08       New Julian   36526
 > 19/09/98 22:50:08       New Date 1000101
 > 19/09/98 22:50:08       *****

 Thanks, Pierre. TS4 also gives those results. TS4 can OUTPUT 7 digit
 dates. Where TS4 fails is in using a 7 digit dates as an INPUT. Could
 you please test again with a 7 digit input. It's not that I don't
 believe you. I would just like to see it for myself.

 Thanks again,
 Dennis

Here it is:

19/09/98 01:25:50	Start Date 1001231
19/09/98 01:25:51	New Julian   36892
19/09/98 01:25:51	New Date 1010101
19/09/98 01:25:51	*****

Sorry for the time field difference, but when I checked the previous message ,
I saw that this computer time was wrong (test done on a offline TS5 copy).

Sad story for Omega bashers, as we are half way to the solution:
TS5 is Yk2 compliant, no doubt here and TS4 will be as announced (patched
after TS5 release).

In my opinion, I cannot imagine:

1) That TS4 will not be patched (as they are able to do this minor
modification).

2) That any serious user will stay with TS4 patched after year 2000 due to the
incredible power and huge advantages of TS5 over TS4.
This upgrade will be the major TS upgrade ever seen ( I use TS since version
1.1, so I know of what I speak)

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin