From: Thomas Brun <TDBRUN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CME arbitration
Date: Thursday, September 17, 1998 1:01 PM

There have been some questions about my broker comparison that I made in
February of this year.  The following information may be helpful.  The
orders that I compared were Market orders except for 3 which were Stop
Close Only.  They were in the SP 500 Futures.  The new broker beat the
old on the SCO's 2 times.  Once by .50.  The rate was $15.00 + NFA fees
at the old firm and $18.00 plus Clearing fees and NFA fees up to $22.20.
It seemed to me that I was way ahead even with the higher rate.

I would have compared more than 28 trades but I hit a large Drawdown and
was forced to stop because the new account, was an my IRA account, and I
cut it half during the Drawdown.  I did recover the Drawdown but not in
time to keep the new account going.  I was convinced that there were
enough of trades to make the comparison valid. Although I    would not
trade a system based on 28 trades. I would have continued the comparison
if Money wasn't a factor.  This account was not that big.

Regards,

Tom.