Keeping Track of Your Trading

My apologies to the list, but I posted the following message without a
subject header.  I'll repost it with a header so that it may be properly
threaded.

I'd like to pose a general trading question to the list concerning ideas
and opinions of software and/or methods members are using to keep track of
trades (stocks or otherwise) throughout the year for P/L tracking, ROI, tax
accounting purposes, etc. I've heard of folks using a program called
Captools and also Excel and MS-Money/Quicken. Any feedback?

Scott