Re: Y2K failures

As a followup thought to my earlier post, if we could assemble a
fairly complete list of just how TS (and SC too, probably) fails
in the face of the Y2K situation, it'd give us the basis for a
verification suite to run against any patch Omega provides, and
also against TS 5.0 if/when it should appear.

An interesting question is how to perform Y2K testing, before the
fact.  One obvious step is setting the computer's clock ahead,
which has the side benefit of testing the computer's BIOS.
Another step would be loading historical data with post-Y2K dates.
I can generate arbitrary data in 3.5 format, and probably 4.0
format, except for the .omz compression.  I'll try to hack something
together along those lines within a few weeks, after I get some
other projects out of the way.

That leaves live Y2K data coming from a data feed, as the other
obvious test.  Anyone know of any data vendors thinking of participating
in some sort of live test like that?  The NYSE, or somebody,
ran some sort of publicized test a few months back.  Seems like
it'd be a real interesting gesture for one of the feeds to start
broadcasting Y2K data for some made-up test contract, rather
than waiting for sparse ticks from the real ones.  Just a thought.

So, does anyone know what these failure modes are?

Jim