Fw: Kase Indicators

-----Original Message-----
From: Gaius Marius <magnus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Preston Road Animal Hospital <flag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>; jimo@xxxxxxxxxx
<jimo@xxxxxxxxxx>; tmorge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <tmorge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, September 15, 1998 8:20 PM
Subject: Re: Kase Indicators

::I am still trying to wrap my wits around some of this stuff, and I realize
::it may all be worthless. Still, all good ideas start some place. Right?
:
:
:This is the best I've been able to derive from Cynthia Kase's works.
:
:Plot3 should be a line  while Plot1 and Plot2 should be historgrams.
:Whenever the Diff goes outside the outliers (which are nothing more than 2
:standard deviations from the average), that indicates that the prices makes
:a peak and should retreat soon. You can also use the crossing of the 0 line
:as a buy/sell signal. I've included a GIF file of the SPX  I created over
:the weekend for you to see.
:------------------------------------------------------------------
:{Indicator: Diff Price Peaks}
:Inputs: R(8),S(21),Q(6),F(2),WvLn(50);
:Vars: Mo(0),Avg(0),Outlier(0),Osc(0),Diff(0);
:
:Mo=MACD(Close,R,S);
:Avg=XAverage(MACD(Close,R,S),Q);
:Diff=Mo-Avg;
:Osc=(WAVERAGE(absvalue(Diff),WvLn))+(F*(StdDev(absvalue(Diff),WvLn)));
:If Diff>0 then Plot1(Diff, "+Momentum") else Plot2(Diff,"-Mometum");
:if Diff > 0 then Outlier = Osc else  Outlier = -Osc;
:Plot3(Outlier,"+OutLier");
:
: