Re: S&P Tick Counts

did you check when the tick reductions for the s&p started to occur?
several weeks ago? a month?

have you checked other high tick per day futures, such as bonds, to
see if there is a tick reduction on the same dates as the s&p?

have you checked with others using vendors such as dtn, fs, and s&p
comstock to see if the tick reductions occur too?  i seem to remember
that someone with fs posted that he had comparable tick counts with
those using bmi and signal.

these questions need to be answered before a solution can be found.
good luck!

TJ

yes, this is a repost that got lost in zippergate.

---Carroll Slemaker  wrote:
First, I'm interested in trading only the S&P
Second, traders with a wide range of computing power have all reported
low counts.
Finally, I have on several occasions compared a tick file of S&P data
from other DBC subscribers with my own collected data and I have found
VERY few
discrepancies.