Re: Quick EL question

  • To: "Dennis Holverstott" <dennis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Quick EL question
  • From: "Peter Iovanella" <ivo1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:39:25 -0400 (EDT)

Okay, I messed up there - but how about 2.5%?  Like if the S&P closes at
1000 today, and tomorrow, at around a half-hour before the close, it is
trading 970?  That would be outside (to the downside) of the +/- 2.5% zone
around the previous day's close that I provide for in the code.  But it
still doesn't work.

And I know why.  The problem is with the Time statements, because I
commented them out and now it triggers as it should.  But that's useless to
me, because TradeStation only gives the signals on the close itself, at
which point I can no longer place a trade through a floor broker.  Which is
why I wanted the half-hour before the close rule in the first place.  Any
ideas?  Here's the code again:

INPUTS: Pct(.025), Cons(2);

   {IF CurrentTime = (Sess1EndTime - 30) THEN begin}

        IF Close > Close[1] + (Pct * Close[1])
        THEN Sell Cons Contracts at Market;

        IF Close < Close[1] - (Pct * Close[1])
        THEN Buy Cons Contracts at Market;

    IF Date = EntryDate + 1
    {AND CurrentTime = (Sess1EndTime - 30)} THEN begin

        IF MarketPosition(0) = 1 THEN ExitLong at Market;
        IF MarketPosition(0) = -1 THEN ExitShort at Market;

    end;