RE: "Corel backs Linux"

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Allan Kaminsky wrote:

> I think the last time I checked, Linux did NOT support multiple processors
> -- something that NT does very intelligently.
> Has this changed?

Linux has excellent SMP support.  Windows NT, last I looked, supported two
processors effeciently but performance degrades after that.  As a file
system or computer server, Windows NT can't hold a candle to Unix
varients.

- Hacker

---
Dark Hacker                   |  Fortress Of Computation
mail: hacker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  web: http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/

Investment and Market Outlook:
	http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/Investment/index.html
Bishop Protein Analytics:
	http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/Bishop/index.html

       "Building our future... one twisted freak at a time."