"Corel backs Linux"

Corel is building its own Linux based computer!

http://www.corelcomputer.com/products/index.htm

One day we will have all the power we need to "Do what we want" !   One day
windoz will cease to exist and the world can then get serious about
computing.  Corel is a formidable player and payback could be heck for MS.
It's a constant wonder to me why native NT applications running FX 32
emulation on a Digital chip the Alpha can run faster than on the Intel based
systems they were designed for.  I have many computers and access to many
more.  A 486 with OS 2, running TS beats the pants off a Pentium II.  And
the old Pentium Pro beats the pants off any Pentium II.  In fact if the old
Pentium Pro is so obsolete why then is Intel secretively making them again
with a One meg cache?  Yes Gateway who owns ALR is now making a six
processor server that uses the new unannounced Pentium Pro 200 with 1 full
meg cache on each processor.  See Intel even knows the bloat of the Penmen
II is misleading at best.  I would say more criminal, processor speed means
nothing anymore, except sales to the unknowing public.  The answers are to
be found in faster Operating Systems like Linux who run at hardware speed.
If Linux ever gets real user friendly you may want to short MS stock.

Mark Brown
  The Windows Platform.
Now THAT's an oxymoron.