Re: Best way to learn Easy Language

David wrote:

<<
1)    What's the quickest and/or best way to learn Easy Language ?
2)    Is it more like JAVA or C++ ?
3)    A night school class in what language would be helpful ?>>

If you know other programming languages then Easy Language is easy to pick
up.  All you need to do is familiarize yourself with the way Easy Language
implements programming structures (IF-THEN, FOR-NEXT, DO WHILE) and then
just try to code a few of the indicators that have already been provided for
you in TS.  Compare your code to the provided code and go from there!

If you don't already know any languages, I'd recommend starting with BASIC
(not "Visual BASIC", just plain old BASIC).  Beginner's All-Purpose Symbolic
Instructional Code is still a good way to learn the basic structures of
programs.  It is what 8 out of 10 (or more) programmers started with.

To answer your second question, Easy Language seems to have elements of a
number of other languages.  I guess that, to me, it appears to be a bit like
C and somewhat like BASIC.  But certainly not much like C++ or Java.

A night school class in BASIC (again, NOT Visual BASIC) would be helpful if
you are not yet familiar with that language.  If you already have
programming background, I really don't think you'll need any other classes
to use EL.

All the best,

The Omega Man