Back-testing with TS

I've been playing with Supercharts and I've found that it's reports
have little value in back-testing position trades in stocks.  I'd like
to be able to have the system purchase a fixed dollar value and report
the percentage gain/loss.  I'd also like to set stops as a percentage
of price.

I queried support at Omega about TradeStation's capabilities and
received this response:

"System reports are the same in SuperCharts 4, TradeStation 4, and
TradeStation 5, however with TradeStation 4 or 5, you may create a
system in such a way that it uses percentages as inputs and produces
it's own system reports."

Are any of you using TS for equities, setting sensible stops and
getting meaningful reports when backtesting a stock that has, let's
say, a 10:1 price range?

Can "optimization" be tricked into working on these reports?

I'll appreciate hearing any of your experiences or opinionss>

Thank you for your attention.

--
Brad