Re: Mutual Fund Rotation

At 02:43 PM 9/5/98 -0600, David Olson wrote:
>A software product called Technifilter Plus (TFP)
>http://www.rtrsoftware.com/ also does all kinds of ranking.  It can also
>test "baskets" of securities, buying the top ranked securities.  If I get a
>buy from several mutual funds in at one time in Trade Station (and that
>usually happens) then I will use a ROC ranking from TFP as one factor to
>help decide which one to buy.
>
>The king of the mutual funds sector timers is the FastTrack
>http://www.fasttrack.net/  group.  FastTrack is basically a mutual fund, and
>now stock quote service (I get about 1900 mutual fund prices downloaded each
>night) but the software included with the data subscription also allows
>ranking of all the funds or individual families.  Look under "Third Party
>Products" in their web site to see the top software for MF ranking,
>selection, and this type of sector rotation testing.
>
>Dave

Dave,

As a FasTrack user I encourage other sector switchers to also consider
another excellent product, Monocle II, which can be found @ Manhattan
Analytics site:

http://www.manhattanlink.com/Advisors/manhattanlink/newsletter.asp?groupid=1
74&storyid=900

While both programs have their advocates, I find each is indispensable to
me. DL a demo of each & decide for yourself. In any case, these "dedicated"
programs are the apps of choice for serious sector switchers.

Michael