Daring to be Different

<< The program kept showing me that counter trend systems made the most money.
Three time's as much as a trending system.  I wouldn't hear of it I wasn't
going to buy into that thinking no way. >>

Mark Cook (an avid counter-trend trader) has a trade where he takes one tick
from the Bonds and sets a Stop Loss of a full point. His testing reveals that
this method has a 99% success rate. That's 99 ticks gained for every 32 lost.

But wait a minute Mr.Cook! You can't do that! That's cutting your profits
short and letting your losses have room. You can't do that. Listen to me. Now
I know that you take at least 60-70K out of the market every month but I've
read every book on trading that I can get my hands on and they all say that
"you can't do that!"

Joking aside, I'm sure he doesn't make every trade, in every market, this way.
But my point is that being brainwashed doesn't come with a high temperature
and a rash. The hardest part of 'Thinking outside the box' is acknowledging
that you're in one.

Rgds,
Kim