Re: S&P Question

><< Number 1, the squeaky wheel always gets the oil. >>
>
>Are you inferring that I should bribe them to fill my orders?

Sure I do!  You'd be amazed what a room addition will get ya!   ; - )

><<Number 2, if the market trades 1 tick below your bid, you can consider it
an
>automatic fill.
>
>Well if you were reading my letter I wasn't making up a hypothetical
question
>I was stating a fact that the market traded below me by 1 tick and I got a
>nothing done.

Well! just call don there to the floor and tell the pit boss that it traded
through your price by one tick and you want your fill.  Then as soon as she
checks and knows that you are and individual and not some major institution
that doing hundreds.   You are about to learn what an X trade is.  Now you
see it and now you dont.  Now if my broker calls down there on my behalf I
have at least a half a chance of getting a square deal, but still no
guarantees.  I traded for SB for years and often got the top tick or bottom
tick price, yes even better than I wanted.  I then went out on my own, and
realized that I was now considered "retail hell" is a word the brokers have
for anyone who's not a "PROFESSIONAL" company doing a big business.  Now I'm
sure that there are exceptions, and I'm not condemning all brokerage
services.  But that is the general stance that many clearing firms have.   I
believe the smaller firms can treat a smaller client better and a larger
firm can treat a larger firm better.

Wonder why they call them X trades? No association with The X-files.
"Retail Hell" a copyright of someone's I sure.   MB