Re: Taking Losses and Multiple unit positions?

At 09:49 PM 9/3/98 -0500, Timothy Morge wrote:

>It is important for a good trader to know that sometimes, the best trade they
>can make is taking a loss at the correct time.
>
>Maybe other people would like to add to this discussion about managing
multiple
>unit positions? I think this is another tool that many traders have not
added to
>their trading toolbox.

Tim;

I'm my opinion the first statement is the best statement you will ever make
as a trader.
Lots of discussion about multiple positions and reverse trading to me are
attempts to guise a loss.
For me I have to keep it simple a loss is a loss and part of the game. I do
reverse trading but not as an attempt to avoid the loss because it was the
next right thing to do. I think motive is what concerns me here
as I've conditioned myself over the years to trade short term but think
long term because its not over until I completely stop trading. This is how
I keep my balance and not get to up and not to down concerning trading.
Trading is just a tool to make money not an obsession and not an ego trip
for me.

Robert