Re: Taking Losses and Multiple unit positions?

Felix:

If you build your position by using multiple units, I would absolutely agree you
will have more flexibility in most markets. There are numerous ways to approach
trading with multiple units, probably more than I have ever thought of. I do
usually trade with multiple units, but many traders here do not have the capital
to work with multiple unit positions.

However, the principle remains the same: Don't trade without a plan and don't
violate your plan. So if you build a multi-unit position and each leg of the
position has an attached stop loss, then by all means, when you have the three
units on, stick with that plan. The caveat would be if market conditions change
or if, in your judgement, news has changed the markets.

It is important for a good trader to know that sometimes, the best trade they
can make is taking a loss at the correct time.

Maybe other people would like to add to this discussion about managing multiple
unit positions? I think this is another tool that many traders have not added to
their trading toolbox.

Best,

Tim Morge