Re: picking the bottom makes dirty fingers

-----Original Message-----
From: Dark Hacker <hacker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>You wrote:
>Speaking of Mister "Hold on to everything forever", Warren Buffet
>is getting beaten up right now on these market nose dives.  Owns a
>lot of Coca Cola I hear.  Remember some time ago he proclaimed the
>market as overvalued?  He probably figured this would happen and yet
>he *still* hung on.  Amazing!
>
>- Hackster

Actually, he didn't hang on.  Back in June, James Grant titled an issue of
Grant's Interest Rate Observer, "He Sold Without Selling". It described how
Buffett's recent acquisition of a large insurance firm effectively reduced
his equity market holdings by 20%.

Chris Carolan
http://www.calendarreserach.com