From: Gerrit Jacobsen <jrt@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Robert W Cummings <robertwc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
<omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, September 02, 1998 2:07 AM
Subject: Re: Russell Stock Index A leading Indicator

Normally you have got the following effect : At the beginning of the
large move up (I am talking about months and years here)  people buy
blue chips. At a later stage these get expensive and all the players
look for stocks which have been left behind in their P/E valuations.
On the move down exactly the opposite happens: Last in / first out ->
flight to quality.