Rapidly changing fortunes

JAN 1998

Corp earnings are expected to grow at 10% to 12% this year . Multiples are a
little high but the S&P 500 should produce another 20% to 30% gain. Asia is
having a little trouble but it was discounted during the Oct correction.
Besides, Asia only accounts for 3% of our GDP and our economy looks fantastic.
In fact, it couldn't look better. There is not a cloud on the horizon.

AUG 1998

Where the hell did this storm come from?

If this keeps up I'm going to have to stop listening to these economic
forecasts and develop some trading skills!

                       Jim

PS How come a bright guy like Stanley Druckenmiller only has a time horizon of
3 to 6 months?