RE: Russia - Problem - what problem?

TJ,

> i believe that we are in a normal bull market correction of an
> ongoing bull market.  take a look at the last correction in the s&p
> healthy.  with all the news swirling around
regarding russia, china,
> asia, latin america, and mexico, it is nothing more than another
> wall of worry for the bull market to climb.

Of course, of course. A chart of the DJ since the beginning of the
century still looks like the performance charts of those
system-sellers-con-ads.

But this chart will still not look very differently when the
market drops to 7000. This would be just a very healthy correction
for this  long bull run.

But then again Indonesia is still in a bull run as well. 50 years ago
they were still eating each other no they have got a stock exchange
and skyscrapers even though the market is 80% down.

It all depends on your time horizont. Bruce went even so far to
suggest that it was a wise thing to stay in stocks during 1987.

But even if one is a long term investor one should ask oneself
where you can I find value in the market. And if I see stocks which
trade at multiples of the turnover (not profits) and make losses then
I would stay clear of them.

There is such an enormous amount of bullshit stocks with zero inner
value on the US stock market that Thai banks, Korean chaebols and
Russian stocks will look extremely healty in comparison to them when
this US market correction is over.

Gerrit

> my comment to the wunderbears out there: 100 to 200 bil USD per
> month is automatically flowing into 401K's and IRA's regardless of
> whether the market is up, down, or spinning out of control.
>
> my question to the wunderbears out there: where is all that money
> going to go if not into stocks?  are they (mutual fund managers)
> goin to park it into 90 bills? suuuuure. it sure ain't goin into
> commodities or hard assets.  maybe bonds while stocks sort
> themselves out.
>
> the arguments for a primary bear market are as logical as a snake
> oil saleman selling the new wunder system; it looks great on the
> surface, but when you do some diggin, you realize it nothing more
> than fool's gold.  if we're in a new paradigm economic model like i
> believe, then the old way of analysis will not cut it anymore.
>
> i believe that we are in a normal bull market correction of an
> ongoing bull market.  take a look at the last correction in the s&p
> in the april/may 98.  compare it to the current correction.  i see
> fractal similarities, the only difference is in scale. the current
> correction is much larger to be sure, but that is normal and
> healthy.  with all the news swirling around regarding russia, china,
> asia, latin america, and mexico, it is nothing more than another
> wall of worry for the bull market to climb.
>
> another point.  i received in the last month more mail from
> newsletters warning of market collapse, panics, and global
> depression (10 to 1) than for the bullish case.  not a scientific
> sample, but too many, too quickly, are jumping on the bear
> bandwagon.  i even heard the bear word uttered lately on CNBC!  this
> psychology is typical of bull market corrections, not new primary
> bear markets.
>
> but then again, i could be wrong
>
> TJ
>
> one man's opinion is another man's toilet paper.
> and i've wiped my butt on a good share of mine
>

> ---Brian Massey  wrote:
> The markets are simply a giant ferris wheel for the world's cash.
> It flows from one sector or country to another and then eventually
> back.
>
> yes, Brian, i agree

Gerrit Jacobsen
http://www.tickscape.com