RE: Globex S&P and emini

Kim,

You're right.  There is paradox here in that day trading demands volatility
and minimal slippage. A distinction needs to be drawn between volatile days
and fast market days.  Thursday's S+P action didn't have a lot of volatility
meaning swings in one direction, then back, but it fell fast and sharp which
meant slippage was HUGE.  The higher price climbs the more volatile price
action becomes -- wider swings, retracements, and possibly higher slippage.
High markets like the S+P are more prone to fast market conditions due to
their volatile nature but their volatility alone doesn't necessarily mean
higher slippage than say when the S+P was around 990.

Yes, you can have constant (minimal) slippage in an increasingly volatile
market but the frequency of  periods when markets fall fast and sharp will
increase with the volatility.  This will increase the frequency of high
slippage bouts.

Brian.

PS.  I wouldn't start studying OJ tick data quite yet.