Re: Re : Dimensional Arrays Do Not Work

Salutations,

	I discovered, (a very painful, expensive and time consuming process)
documented and reported the bug MANY months ago.  I asked recently what had
ever become of the bug-report and it was suggested that I resubmit.  Have
not yet located the file(s).  I will share it with you all, once located,
if it will be of interest.

	As of this time, the TS5.0 API does not include multi-dimension arrays,
let alone  arrays of type string or boolean.  I have been asking repeatedly
for this.  Anyone interested, PLEASE help by submitting your wish-list
requests!

Samuel

At 08:40 PM 08/15/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Dans un courrier daté du 15/08/98 20:33:42  , David L. Miller écrit :
>
><<
> About all I can say, Bob (beside, "Thanks!") is that TradeLab can't get
> here fast enough.  Omega's lack of Quality Control borders on the
> amazing.  You're quite right, it couldn't have been tested.
>
> Stay tuned to hear The Omega Doctor explain: It's not a Bug, it's a
> Feature...allows users to pre-mix Input Data and still come out with the
> correct results :-)
>
> Dave
>  >>

>According to what I saw, it's a bug if N>2.
>
>But the multidimentional TS arrays are not officially documented, and the TS
>KIT DLL functions have never been updated to accesss to these arrays (you can
>[coud, if not bugged]  however go up to N=10 dimensions).
>Means that if its no documented, its not (yet ) recommended for use.
>It's a bug in absolute and in any case not a feature.
>
>I tried several things (code below), and the indexation error  appears, never
>on dimension1, but on 2 and 3 (classified on the print log with this code,
>that shows the logic of the error), even with string arrays and even with
>removing the start /end of each dimension.
>
>{============Start ==============}
>
>Array: Monica[7,7,7]("");
>{Array: Monica[7,7,7](0) For  3D numeric array testing}
>
>vars:j(0),k(0),m(0);
>
>if barnumber=1 then
>for j=1 to 6 begin
>	for k=1 to 6 begin
>		for m=1 to 6 begin
>			{Monica[j,k,m]=StrToNum(NumToStr(j,0)+NumToStr(k,0)+NumToStr(m,0)); For
>numeric array }
>			Monica[j,k,m]=NumToStr(j,0)+NumToStr(k,0)+NumToStr(m,0);
>		end;
>	end;
>end;
>
>if lastbaronchart then
>for j=1 to 6 begin
>	for k=1 to 6 begin
>		for m=1 to 6 begin
>			{print(Monica[j,k,m]:1:0,"
>",StrToNum(NumToStr(j,0)+NumToStr(k,0)+NumToStr(m,0)):1:0); For numeric array
>}
>			print(Monica[j,k,m],"    ",NumToStr(j,0)+NumToStr(k,0)+NumToStr(m,0));
>		end;
>	end;
>end;
>
>{false plot condition:}
>if Monica(0,0,0) ="A bug in an undocumented function is not a true bug" then
>Plot1(Value1, "");
>{if Monica(0,0,0) =69 then Plot1(0, "");For numeric array }
>
>{============END of code==============}
>
>I also eagerly wait the TradeLab official release to laugh as loud as I
could,
>when you will discover bugs of this kind that are mandatory in any software,
>even carefully developed by a very famous programmer.
>
>Not to speak of the bugs that you will build by yourself (VB+ TradeLab+ UMDS
>Server3 NOT yet ready will also certainly help).
>
>Easy...

> [...]
    Samuel K. Tennis,  VISTA Research and Trading, Inc.
    8103 Camino Real C-409       voice: 1(305) 273-1321
    S. Miami, FL  33143            fax: 1(305) 273-9164
    skt@xxxxxxxx               http://www.gate.net/~skt