Re: Electronic Orders Entry ...

> You should also check out  Futures Technology Group.  They appear
> to have a similar stand-alone order entry system like Leoweb, and
> are affiliated with Rosenthal Collins.  I have no experience with
> them, but it looks interesting.

It certainly does.  The user interface looks 100x better than LEO's.
It looks like you can create common "canned" orders for fast
execution, see a summary of your orders (which ones were filled, at
what price, which ones are open, which ones were cancelled), etc.,
and all the other things you'd want to be able to do but that LEO
doesn't support.

I've done programming and UI design for many years.  In my NSHO I
think LEO is a piece of trash, as far as the user interface is
concerned.  It's an error-prone order entry system, it does not
provide the obvious features that you'd want in an electronic order
entry system, and when it *does* provide information it's in arcane
formats or separate pages so you can't get a good quick grasp of your
situation.  (E.g. there is one page of "orders" -- ALL orders,
whether active, filled, or cancelled -- and another page of "fills".
It's up to you to sift through the cruft and match up the ticket
numbers to find out what's really going on with your orders and what
your current market status is.)

FTG also claims to have a higher reliability implementation due to
redundant systems -- e.g. if TOPS/CUBS goes down, supposedly they
have a backup system to switch to.  Don't ask me if that's possible
or true, but that's what they claim.  That would be VERY nice.

I'm glad to see other solid electronic entry systems coming into the
fray.  I'd be VERY interested to hear from anyone who's used FTG's
system.  Are you happy with it?  Does it work well?  Good fills and
quick fill reporting?

Thanks,
Gary