Re: "FLOOR TRADERS" OF THE NASDAQ

Ron, you literally took the words out of my mouth.  Like all other
trading hypes, it's a great way to blow money.  It takes a trader to
trade, whether he has a level two or not.  I found out the hard
way...(you couldn't have told me that I would have had that experience
beforehand, though).

I think a level 2 trader can survuve if he is exceptionally well
disciplined and exceptionally well capitalized.  MASH, GSCO, and the
boys -- er, persons -- can (and will) fade the bid a point and a half
just to make you panic because they know you can't afford to lose that
much on a single trade, and have been indoctrinated to dump at a 1/4
to a half loss.  If you can afford to hold it, then you're not a
bandit...your a defacto market maker.

Once in while you'll gain a half on something that Joe Kernan
mentions, but when that happens you can't trust your level 2 because
of the speed of the buying panic. that's just Las Vegas on steroids.
And then they'll be the rush to get out,which you might play right,
this time...

---Ron Augustine <RonAug@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Been there, done that -- Level II was much more useful before the
NASDAQ