Electronic trading and the DTB

Hans wrote
snip
"wrong - shoud read ...."so much for CME/TOPS/CUBS/GLOBEX" or whatever
part of the amateurish system is involved and fails - there are REAL
electronic
exchanges (like DTB) who handle 10-100fold the volume of emini and hardly
fail
at all since YEARS !.....maybe they still run it on 80286`s in chicago or
the UPS
runs out of petrol <g>"
He must be mistaken as the DTB namely the DAX, was down for 20 to 25
minutes the other day. I should know as I was in a trade of 5 lots at $285
a point(500DM). The daily range can be more than 100 points in a day.All
systems at some point in time will have problems. I feel that the comments
on petrol and 286's is not justified.