Re: SCSI vs. IDE

>Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 14:48:56 -0600
>From: "Earl Adamy" <eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
>This is the kind of statement which seems to come from many SCSI
supporters who
>prefer to denigrate EIDE rather than promote a balanced view of the strengths
>and advantages of both SCSI and EIDE. Perhaps the author will provide some
>concrete evidence that Microsoft has chosen to degrade the performance of
>millions of PC's which have been shipped with high performance EIDE
hardware as
>standard.
>
>I repeat my earlier comments, SCSI provides an edge over EIDE which is
valuable
>in a server environment, however most workstation users will not notice any
>difference for the additional cost and complexity.

I just can't help think that we will see soon see hardware manufactuers add
a separate buffer and a separate BIOS to on-board EIDE controllers.

I wonder what they will call it then?  SCSI?   It is like the Win95
interface and the Apple interface.  It only took 10 years  to get Windows
to look like Apple.

 Isn't the hardware merry-go-round fun?

Charles Kaucher

Logic: The art of being wrong with confidence.