RE: Concluions: Rethinking the 2% MM rule...

How does one find out all this stuff? I've havent' read very many disclosure docs, but the few that I have read don't seem to have all that info that you give.

Very interesting post.

I like hearing about the methods of the only group of people that we *know* make money in this game. Everybody else can say anything, exaggerate, outright lie, but these guys are audited.

My own research has led me to believe that the turtle / Donchian breakout approach has many merits the most important to me being it's consistancy over decades across many markets using with such simple buy/sell rules.

"But how can that continue to work if everybody's doing it? In a zero sum game, everybody can't do the same thing and make money" you say.

I say that long term trend followers are to a big extent trading against hedgers rather than other specs. Hedgers are not playing the long term trend following game. Their purpose for being in the game is complementary to specs. This is in contrast to short term traders who are principally trading against each other. This relationship is competative rather than complimentary. Hence the difficulty of success short term trading versus long term trend following.

The thougths expressed above are just my opinion, and holding the exclusive license to my own opinions, I reserve the right to change them without notice :-)

Scott Hoffman