Re: Wells Wilder

Dear Neal

May I suggest that you step back a little and think of the ramifactions of
being subject to the sometimes whims of government regulatory agencies.
The NFA is on record through one of its ALJs that technical analysis
doesn't work and that any systems depending on TA are therefore fraudulent.

Can you think of any reason why another NFA judge might not determine that
charts are inside information and therefore anyone using a chart is
commiting fraud?
Sound ridiculous?
True story...
A number of years ago, one of the first "system players" was accused of
insider trading in the commodites markets for the explicit reason that he
made too much money by being correct on the market so often. That person
was the elder Gotthelf and the system was COMMODEX.!!!!
I am registered with the NFA because I have to be since I'm a broker.
However, why someone would want to be registered if they didn't have to is
beyond me.
According the the NFA, anyone providing trading advise must register. How
about if you advise your wife? Should you be registered?
Registering every system vendor would not improve their offerings. Just as
the SEC does not approve or dissaprove of any offering, neither does the
NFA.
23 years ago, we made a decision that full disclosure was the correct way
for the CFTC to go. I still believe that this is correct. However, when it
comes to systems, books, advice, etc, there is still some common sense
involved. Fraud is fraud and doesn't require NFA registration to prosecute.
Sometimes I think that membership in the NFA tends to give legitimacy to
the registrant where none is warranted.

Regards,

Manning Stoller