Re: System Venders and registration

  • To: "Trader J" <editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: System Venders and registration
  • From: Robert W Cummings <robertwc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 11:58:58 -0400 (EDT)

TraderJ

Exactly but in a perfect world, what about the cancer patient dying who can
not have the latest drug because it has not yet been proven safe. Why
indeed license the good doctor monitor his prescriptions uses ? Why make a
futures broker time stamp each an every order four times and keep it six
years? Why does every advertisement a securities broker run have to be
approved for content by the SEC then filed and kept for six years? Why is
it all these professions can't be practice with a felony conviction? If I
agree with you then why me and not you by what standard of justice are you
using with all of us in the above. Why in the above professions are we
presumed guilty until we prove our innocence from documentation. Why is it
that a car repair establishment can fix my cars with a mechanic who is on
commissions that has a felony conviction for thief not have to be licensed
and prove his findings. Why can't I have a prostitute, smoke marijuana, do
heroin and then if I get sick terminal cancer commit suicide. If it were
your job to protect the publics interest in the above what would you tell
them be careful let the user beware. Is it that people who only write
software that are exempt here. Is it that regulations apply just for the
ones who perform a service for the public that have to be regulated that
handle health and money. If I agree again I say why you not me, why? Where
does a good intentioned government draw the line in protecting its citizens
you decide. You say you have no right then I say you have no right to
regulate me either then we both have to go back and live in this imperfect
world. Like I said its a complex issue. Its hard for me not to be a
hypocrite here it really is.

Robert