Re: Re: Fw: NUNS OF THE NFA

In a message dated 8/1/98 1:12:25 PM, robertwc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

<<The N.F.A.
was a child born of the 87 crash by the fact many blamed the S&P Futures.>>

Hmmmm.  Seems like I remember becoming a member of the Business Conduct
Committee of the NFA in 1983.

The NFA may not be for everyone.  I have not had any problems with them and
have tried to voluntarily support them as much as I could over the years.  The
NFA is far from perfect but they are trying to clean up the industry so the
honest people don't have to be lumped in with the crooks.  There are far less
crooks in the business now than before the NFA.  No question about that.

Personally I don't think being a member of the NFA infringes on my freedom but
I respect Trader Js opinion too and we shouldn't assume that a nonmember has
anything to hide.  I am however very worried about the CFTC trying to force
people to register who aren't even giving advice.  I think they are going to
lose in court and they should.   I'll stop now.  Seems this thread may not be
on topic.

Chuck
traderclub.com