Re: S&P Scalper Software

At 06:41 AM 8/1/98 -0400, John S. Bond wrote:
>Hi,
>I found the S&P Scalper indicator interesting and tried to buy it, but
>they would only sell a locked version.  Locked indicators are useless.
>The code for the indicator was later published in this forum.  Does
>anyone still have the code, or can anyone refer me to where I can obtain
>the code?  I do not object to paying for it.  Thanks,
>John Bond

Hi John

How's your famous brother James, yes I have it and can pass it on to you
was given to the group from the owner. Anybody remember his name I would
like to put it on the heading because its a good indicator and he deserves
the credits.

Robert

{SCALPER}

Input:

  LRSBval(-0.12), {level which buys must be below}
  LRSSval(0.11), {level which sells must be above}
  Length3(20),{Length for buy LRS}
  Length4(20),{Length for sell LRS}
  FDBLen(20), {Number of bars to use for FastD calculation for buy side}
  FDSLen(20), {Number of bars to use for FastD calculation for sell side}
  FDBuy(6), {Value of FastD to signal long }
  FDSell(94), {Value of FastD to signal short }
  MAvgLen(20),{Length of moving average to compute bands}
  PctAbvMA(.1),{percentage distance away from lower band}
  PctBlwMA(.05);{percentage distance away from upper band}

Vars:

  PctAbvMAValue(0.0),
  PctBlwMAValue(0.0),
  FDBVal(0.0),
  FDSVal(0.0),
  FastDValL(0.0),
  FastDValS(0.0);

  PctAbvMAValue = (Average(Close,MAvgLen) * (100- PctAbvMA) / 100);
  PctBlwMAValue = (Average(Close,MAvgLen) * (100+ PctBlwMA) / 100);

  FDBVal = FastD(FDBLen);
  FDSVal = FastD(FDSLen);

  condition1 = c < PctAbvMAValue;

  condition2 = c > PctBlwMAValue;

  condition3=LinearregSlope(c,length3)<LRSBval;

  condition4=Linearregslope(c,length4)>LRSSval;

  condition5= (FDBVal <= FDBuy and FDBVal > FDBVal[1]) or
         (FDBVal[1] <= FDBuy and FDBVal > FDBVal[1]);

  condition6= (FDSVal >= FDSell and FDSVal < FDSVal[1]) or
         (FDSVal[1] >= FDSell and FDSVal < FDSVal[1]);

  if condition1 and condition3 and condition5  then begin
    Plot1(L - .5,"GoLong");
  end;

  if condition2 and condition4 and condition6 then begin
    Plot2(H + .5,"GoShort");
  end;