Re: Oscillator Armageddon Response

In a message dated 7/31/98 5:41:06 PM, lourenco@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

<<You indicate in "Computer Analysis of the Futures Market" a preference to a

rising ADX vs. entering when it is above some arbitrary level and I was

wondering if you might have some figures/study showing just how much better

one method is over the other?>>

Excellent idea.  David Lucas and I are working on a second edition of the book
and that sounds like something important that we might want to include.
We've tested both ways many times but I haven't saved the results.  Now I
don't bother to look at the thresholds unless I have a particular reason to
see how old the trend might be.  In the meantime just take a look at some
charts with the ADX at the bottom and see if you would be better off entering
when the ADX first starts to rise or when it crosses some level like 30.

As soon as I am able to do some testing as you suggested I'll be glad to share
the results with this list.

Chuck
traderclub.com