Re: omega-list ftp site

>  Should I be able to go to this site directly from my IE4 browser? My
browser
> keeps saying it cannot access the site. I never have any trouble with
http://
> sites.
>
>  Scott

Scott,

I recently had trouble accessing the ftp site also.  I could access it through
AOL internet gateway, but not directly through my local internet service
provider.  I emailed support@xxxxxxxxxx to ask for help and their response
helped my ISP find the problem, which isn't fixed yet, but they say they're
working on it (upgrading their server software).  Here is part of the exchange
with Eskimo:

[snip]

> If you could offer any suggestions for me or my ISP, I would be grateful.

        Your ISP needs to set up their DNS correctly.  Here is an entry
from our ftp server logs:

Jul 19 21:04:29 ftp wu.ftpd[1181]: warning: can't verify hostname:
gethostbyname(user111.internetwork.net) failed
Jul 19 21:04:29 ftp wu.ftpd[1181]: refused connect from 206.138.100.111

        If you try and look up the IP address using the hostname
'user111.internetwork.net', it fails.  If you try the reverse lookup,
using the IP to get the hostname, then it works.

        Your ISP needs to add A records for all their hostnames in their
DNS, like this:

user111.internetwork.net.       IN      A       206.138.100.111

        and you will be able to get on to our ftp server.

        Sincerely,
        Jimmie Farmer

Eskimo North Support | Voice Numbers - (206)361-1161 or 800-246-6874
support@xxxxxxxxxx   |   Voice help available 8am to 11pm Mon-Fri
PO Box 55816         |      and 3pm - 11pm Saturday and Sunday
Seattle, WA 98155    |         Fax us at - (206)368-9048

I don't know whether this applies to your situation, but for what it's worth

David